Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wild Ginger Sushi and Noodle

Erin and I had a fun night! We went to Office Depot for printer ink, then to Wal-Mart looking for Quickn'Brite which is a spot cleaner you can use for carpets.Just your typical night for a married couple! Why do I need Quickn'Brite? Four letters L-U-C-Y


"Who me? I didn't do it!"

She is a 10-month old Wire Haired Miniature Dachshund that Erin gave me for my birthday in January. We love her do death but she has been having little accidents around the house. She also been obsessing over shadows lately. She sits there where a shadow and light meet and whines! I think she is expecting something to come from the shadow! Dachshunds are stubborn so if you are ever thinking about a dog be warned!

Back to the food! In the Wal-Mart (Poway) parking lot there is a hole in the wall called Wild Ginger Sushi and Noodle House. Looks to be mostly a take out place, it has maybe 15 tables. We decided to give it a try! Erin had a Las Vegas Roll, not sure exactly what is in it(i do not eat sushi), salmon is all I know and it is dipped in tempura batter and fried. I had yakisoba noodles with pork. We also shared hot and sour soup and some steamed chicken wontons. Overall it was all very good and the portions were big. Especially the noodles which would have fed 4 people! The Hot and sour soup was fresh and steaming hot when it came out. It has the right mix of spicy and sour with fresh mushroom, bamboo shoots and wood ear! The steamed chicken wontons were the worst thing. They were not bad, just plain. As I said above, the noodles were excellent! Steaming hot and fresh, with a nice mix of veggies and pork! The food was price well, big bowl of soup $4.50, yakisoba $8.50 and steamed wonton $6.95. Sushi???? Maybe Erin will add to the post if she remembers. Try it if your in the area!

Wild Ginger Sushi and Noodle
13249 Community Road
Poway, CA 92064

5 comments:

Sharon said...

No sushi? Shame on you! :) Wal-Mart always freaks my husband out so perhaps I'll take him to Wild Ginger one day after an errand trip to appease him.

Lucy is beyond adorable, especially since I don't have to deal with her accidents!

The John said...

I am weird! I love sashimi tuna,halibut,yellowtail hamachi etc... Maybe it is the seaweed? I know I do not like salmon. I have tried it 10-20 different ways and it is never good! I will keep trying it though!

La Bella Cooks said...

Lucy is so cute! I am dealing with puppy accidents right now so I know how you guys feel!! Dinner sounded yummy though.

Meandering Eats said...

She is the cutest thing!! Who can resist that face? Bear's a senior now, but I wish I'd been there for his puppy years. Accidents or no, I love puppies. Wild Ginger sounds like a good find!

Unknown said...

My wire haired dachshund looks so much like your Lucy. And guess what her name is? Lucy! 😊. They are a handful.